Backyard Firepit {redo}

I don't know where the "Cation" went in our Staycation? We definitely stayed and we worked our tail feathers off! Here is another project we worked on during our 1-week staycation without the cation.
This is the Before shot of our firepit.  Not terrible - made with simple cinder blocks and a few rows of roman pavers.  It served us well for many years.
But we decided to move our firepit several feet towards the center of our yard and further away from our neighbour's garage. As soon as the decision was made I pulled out the shovel and started removing the sod. Which wasn't the smartest thing to do because I have a meniscus tear in my knee and I'm waiting for surgery. My ambition came back to bite me in the, ahem, knee!  That was several weeks ago so I was happy to finally get started on this project. So long mud - hello pretty roman pavers!


We lucked out and found small stacks of pavers, albeit three different colours, being cleared out for $1.00 each. Hubby and I looked at each other and said, "we'll make it work".  As it turned out we rather like the randomness of the four different colours.

Here we as in Hubby are adding Polymer sand to bind the pavers.

I've decided I need to build a replica of the tete-e-tete my Dad built many years ago. Next week's project... (shhhh, I haven't told Hubby these plans yet)

Looks so much nicer now! Psssssst, that path on the right is leading to something I've been working on for a couple of weeks. The Reveal will be posted by the end of the week.


No comments

I love hearing from you so please don't be shy!