A fun message board for your family!
Tip: I like to use Liquid Chalk Pens as they are not as messy and far more fun to play with.
Think the chalk boards at Starbucks.
Guidelines "not rules" to DIY this project:
- Mask off area on a clean wall using Frog tape.
- Using a mini roller with a low nap, apply 2-3 coats of Chalk Paint, drying between coats. Remove tape.
- Cut pieces of trim with a mitre saw at 45 degree angles.
- Using a small chip brush, apply 1 coat of Milk Paint (darkest color - I used brown).
- Once dry apply 1 coat of Milk Paint (lighter color - I used white).
- Once dry, using a dark red colored sanding pad, gently rub off the white paint in corners, ridges, grooves to give it a distressed appearance.
- Apply 1 coat of Briwax or Polyurathane to protect milk paint from chalk dust.
- With carpenters glue, attach trim directly onto the wall, butting corners nice a tight together. Use Frog Tape to hold trim in place until it dries.