I hope you've enjoyed meeting my talented blogging friends over the last five weeks and were inspired by their awesome projects. I cannot thank them enough for helping me out while my workshop door remained closed.
I can't believe how quickly the time flew by. I had visions of spending days snuggled in my bed with several good books. My man
Not a book was opened.
There were a few sedative-induced naps during the first week.
And that beckoning bell lasted about one week.
So here I am back to reality, a little slower and with a slight limp while I bring you my Clock Table with an Identity Crisis.
I should have aptly named this table Guinea Pig because since my Furniture Fairy, a.k.a. Neighbor left it curbside, it's had three different makeovers.
The first makeover was when I started refinishing furniture in early 2013. My preferred choice of finish was milk paint and so it was painted in a combination of Luckett's Green, Boxwood, and Ironstone. To get a better look at that makeover, you can find it HERE.
It sat in our living room for several months before I decided it reminded me too much of a frog. For the second makeover, I used chalk paint in the colors Versailles and Old White. I gave it some French personality using the Clouterie Vintage French Image from the Graphics Fairy with the intention of putting it in our guest bedroom.
When we had to make the difficult decision to move my Mom into a secured dementia unit I decided her otherwise institutional looking room needed some personality. To have a better look at that makeover, you can find it HERE.
Unfortunately, the table was getting ruined and so I took it home and gave it one FINAL makeover.
The glass knob I added during the first makeover mysteriously went missing so I replaced it with this pretty one.
I painted the table using Annie Sloan Chalk paint in the colors Graphite and Old White.
I went back to the Graphics Fairy and found the perfect Vintage Clock Face image and French Cafe & Paris Typography. Using my preferred image transfer method of tracing the graphic onto the wood using graphite paper, I painted the details using a script liner art brush. With sandpaper, I heavily distressed the graphics and then applied dark wax to give the clock face an aged appearance.
I'm quite pleased with the makeover and out of all three looks, I like this one the best.
While typing this post, my thoughts go to the recent tragedy in Paris. My heart is deeply saddened and my prayers go out to those mourning the loss of their loved ones.