When I saw this pretty glass hurricane vase I knew exactly what I was going to do with it.
Have you heard of this fabulous stuff?
Unfortunately you can't find it here in Canada so I ended up ordering it through Amazon. This fun in a can turns regular glass into Mercury Glass in minutes!
Here is a trio of thrift store hurricanes I bought for a song and transformed into mercury glass. I'm talking under $10.00 for all three people!
THE SCOOP ON HOW TO:
- Wash the glass with soap and water and dry it well.
- Give a light spray of Looking Glass Spray Paint on the inside of the vessel.
- Let dry for around 2 minutes (you can actually watch this stuff dry)
- Give it another light coat and wait 2 minutes.
- With a spray bottle of 1 part vinegar to 1 part water give a light spray over the looking glass paint and wait 20 seconds.
- With a scrunched up paper towel ( lightly sprayed with the solution) dab randomly over spots to remove some of the looking glass spray paint.
- Once dry repeat a light spray of looking glass and let it dry 2 minutes.
- Repeat the vinegar and dabbing process on other spots to give it a layered appearance.
- Once satisfied give it another light coat (or two) of looking glass spray paint to cover where the paint has been removed.
- Spray 1-2 coats of clear coat to protect the finish and Voilà!
You can get the looking glass spray paint in gold as well. For an another look you could alternate coats with silver and gold. That's it folks - have fun!